The first Food Logistics Forum takes place on 20- 21 November at the Dubai World Trade Centre. The conference runs alongside three specialist food industry shows: Seafex, Speciality Food Festival, amd Sweets and Snacks Middle East. Dubai is the third largest re-exporter of food in the world and plays a critical role in the future growth of food logistics.
Trixee Loh, senior vice president, DWTC, organiser of the Food Logistics Forum says: “The two day forum will bring together 150 global and regional logistics business leaders to address industry concerns, participate in interactive workshops and discuss market growth opportunities.
Discussion topics include: bridging the gap between regulators and the industry, habits that make successful managers, reasons why supply chains fail, benchmarking supply chain performance, advice on importing from emerging countries and efficient inventory control management practices.”
Confirmed speakers at the event include:
- Asia Abdulwahab, Head of Studies and Food Planning, Dubai Municipality
- Mohsen Ahmad, Director of Stakeholder Relationship and Operation Development, Dubai World Central
- Geert Swinnen, Supply Chain Head, Aujan Industries
Michael Fell, Manager Fresh Food, Emarat
- Dina Khairo, Scientific Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition, Director, PepsiCo
- Aamir Mehdi, Operations Head, Fonterra
- Alex Borg, Regional Director and Coordinator, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Jamie Ferguson, Regional Manager MENA, Meat & Livestock Australia
- Mike Lee, SVP – Logistics, Al Tayer Group
For more information, visit www.dwtcconferences.com/foodlogisticsforum
Posted on October 24, 2012
by Edwin Kalischnig